About This Blog

.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dare the unachievable



“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.”~ Stacey Charter

Did you ever wish to be able to do something that you found challenging? Did you ever admired somebody for being able to do something you couldn't but always dreamed of? Did you actually ever try doing it? ...you didn't, did you? You constantly convinced yourself how it was way too hard for you! Instead of going ahead and give it a try, you wasted a bunch of time giving yourself reasons why you won't do it!...and instead you could have encouraged yourself with reasons why you CAN!

I am a big believer....a big dreamer! I always want to achieve the "unachievable". And what I've found out is that when you want something, when you have the vision, the desire, the drive, the motivation,dedication and you add some work to all that....all limits will break and you will surprise yourself with the things you can do!

When I started doing crossfit like eight months ago I admired Jeremey Thiel(below on the video minute 1:49) for the way he did double unders(DU). I was sure I was never gonna be able to do them like that. I could do like 2 or three double unders with like at least five singles in between. But even though I thought I couldn' I decied to give it a try and started doing DU every single day. Every WOD I did had DU. And today I am able to do them like Mr. Thiel.



I have another goal-to be able to do pull-ups without a band. ANd you know what? Today they seem unreachable...but if I start working on them within a few months a pullup without a band will be within reach...it is the same with everything you do in life. If you want it bad enough,just put some work in it and you will get it! That dream career is not going to jump in your lap just like I am not gonna magically learn how to do a pullup overnight. Show some dedication and determination! Get busy with some work! Be patient and do not rush it! Only then you will have a chance to have it!

No comments: