About This Blog

.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rest,Rest,Rest...


" If you want to get what you never had, you should do what you have never done!"

I have been having one of the hardest times ever... After the injury put the end of my basketball career I slowly found the way back and was on the top for a while... I was feeling pretty happy... but lately I am struggling a lot and I think I am digging deeper... That sickness won't go away... actually it is getting worse... I am still practicing twice a day and that does not seem to help much...yesterday I reached my limit again... I was about to break down and give up on everything....

This weekend is the competition...but I am not swimming...We had a talk with the coach and we decided that it is better to take some rest and get healthy instead of making it worse by taking part in this competition...

That really put me down, cause I feel like I have quit on everything I believe in....feels like I gave up... that is making me sad...
So yesterday I was feeling totally exhausted...I do not have any physical strength right now and it feels like my mental strength is fading away...

So I was supposed to swim by myself while others have competition...but I am feeling terrible and I talked to my coach and she said I better rest a couple days and see if it gets better...

It is so hard for me to rest... I always do something, I am used to being busy with my schedule all day long... and now when I am supposed to rest it feels like I am wasting my life...and that feeling is killing me... But oh well... I say I am a pretty strong will person...so I must put my will in action and make myself rest...because this time it seems that is the only option rest! So sometimes you got to do what you have never done in order to get to where you want...in this case-REST in order to achieve....

As one person once told me...very often the unplanned rest turns out to forced rest...

No comments: