About This Blog

.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

An angel in disguise

Yesterday started as an ordinary day! I went to practice in the morning then got back home did some stuff and later on I headed for the second practice. First I had some weightlifting... I did not feel very good but I pushed it through and it was time for the swimming... I got into the pool but I felt terrible, I felt so weak. All my strength has left me, but I kept repeating myself that I will make it through this practice, so I kept pushing but as I was swimming it became more and more unbearable. My lungs were hurting really bad as I was breathing and I did not have strength at all. My eyes were full of tears but I kept swimming and finally I reached my physical limit and mi mind's limit too... I could not practice anymore, so I stopped at the end of the pool and my coach asked "How are you feeling?". As I looked up to her she jumped out of her chair and said" Oh my... you are about to cry" ...and I do never cry in front of people but I just couldn't help it this times and my tears started falling and I told her I could not finish the practice... She said "Get out it is ok" She told me to go home and get some rest and not worry about it...

I went in the locker room and I sat on the bench crying. It was just I and one 7year old girl. She came to me and said "Why are you crying?" I smiled at her and told her I wasn't...but she kept standing there and said " But if something is wrong please tell me!And do not cry!". I smiled again and thanked her for asking me how I was...and then I went under the shower... In a couple minutes that same girl came to me with martenica( it is something like a traditional white and red bracelet that all bulgarians put on their hands in March) and it had a heart on it and she put it on my hand and smiled. That was one of the kindest things somebody ever did for me(especially somebody that is only 7 years old!) .

So I rushed and put my clothes on and went to the caffee and took her chocolate and I went to her and handed her the chocolate. She was staying there crossing fingers, looking down, smiling...I asked her to take it like 6 or 7 times and when she finally took it she had the biggest smile in world...she ran out, turned back a couple times smiling at me...

Then I left the pool and I walked through the park like an hour and a half, just slowly walking and thinking... that girl really made one of the worst days in my life really special and happy! So it is in toughest moments when we meet the greatest people...

No comments: