About This Blog

.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The new challenge...

So it turned out that I have iron deficiency anemia. It is a common type of anemia.Iron deficiency anemia occurs when the dietary intake or absorption of iron is insufficient, and hemoglobin, which contains iron, cannot be formed.Iron deficiency ranges from iron depletion, which yields little physiological damage, to iron deficiency anemia, which can affect the function of numerous organ systems. Iron depletion causes the amount of stored iron to be reduced, but has no effect on the functional iron. However, a person with no stored iron has no reserves to use if the body requires more iron. In essence, the amount of iron absorbed and stored by the body is not adequate for growth and development or to replace the amount lost.

The iron deficiency anemia tends to develop slowly, adaptation occurs and the disease often goes unrecognized for some time. That was exactly my case. I was doing way too many things and I thought that was the reason I am so tired...but as the things got worse and I had some medical exams it turned out that there is a reason for my fatigue...

Everybody is amazed how this could happen because I am eating pretty healthy and there isn't a reason for all this to happen...but is it really that way? Actually,NOT! One of the reasons for iron deficiency anemia is way too much physical activity...and guess what? That is exactly what happened with me...so, as people say...nobody can harm you as much as you can harm yourself...

So now I am taking some pills and I am waiting to get better. But at the end of the week I have competition. I practiced so hard all year long and now everything went to waste... I was wondering if there is a point to swim at the competition...but yesterday my coach called me and asked me if I will be able to swim... I thought for a second and told her I am not right sure I will endure it but my final decision is that I AM SWIMMING! :) And she said..."Of course, you will swim, we worked so hard for this..."

So now I am trying to prepare myself mentally that as I jump off that block I have to swim with my whole heart and give everything I've got and the most important thing is to NOT GIVE UP no matter how hard it is! I have been through so much and I am still here, stronger than ever...that is why I should find the strength again!

I know that I won't swim as good as I wanted to or as fast as I worked for, I may finish last... I may not...nobody knows what is going to happen but the most important thing for me now is to fight till the end...Everyone has their long and winding road to travel, will it be easy?...NO WAY! But what makes the difference on whether or not we finish our race is if we can keep the picture of the finish line in our hearts....a fighter that fights with heart doesn't know how to lose but then again he doesn't know how to win either......he... just knows how to fight for what he wants with no regrets!

No comments: