About This Blog

.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

You call it a sport...I say it's more...

Sport is where an entire life can be compressed into a few hours, where the emotions of a lifetime can be felt on an acre or two of ground, where a person can suffer and die and rise again. Sport is a theater where sinner can turn saint and a common man become an uncommon hero, where the past and the future can fuse with the present. Sport is singularly able to give us peak experiences where we feel completely one with the world and transcend all conflicts as we finally become our own potential.


One thing about me that you can not misunderstand about me is that I LOVE sports. Actually I love playing sports. Most of the time I get judged a lot about my sports addiction. Even my family does not approve my passion. A lot of people find it a waste of time and energy.

I am constantly asked why I "torture" myself like that instead of staying home or going out and having fun. They constantly tell me I should reorganize my priorities and send working out somewhere at the last places... They say there are more important things in life than being fit. They say there are better ways to spend your time instead of running,swimming,lifting weights,sweating and so on...

Well, I am actually sick of what they are saying. What is importnat is what I am saying! They do not wanna hear me...That's fine... But to me...sports are not a waste of time, not lack of socializing, not a torture or a way to exhaust myself. I see it that way:

During the day we meet tons of people- all of them share some problems, we try to help them with an advice or just give them a shoulder to lean on.We are forced to do a bunch of stuff for somebody;we are constantly taught what we are supposed to do and how we are supposed to do it. Sometimes we get lost in the pace and the chaos of the day, and it comes out we hardly find time to keep up with our daily tasks and not to mention the time for ourselves. Well I've found the solution to the problem-WORKING OUT! For me my practice is the time just for me! The time when while running,jumping,lifting weights or you name it, I outrun my problems,it is I and my thoughts...It is me who is the boss-I controll everything . The time when everything is the way I want it to be! The time when everything depends on me-I choose whether to give up or keep going when I feel tired, whether I will give in to weakness or show some character and finish my workout and then get the feeling of self accomplishment and self improvement!

Working out has always helped me overcome the obstacles which life throws on my way! I treat every hardship just as a tough workout. A workout which requires a little bit more concentration and motivation. A workout which requires from me to give my all, suffer some pain, and get done with it! A workout that when you finish and walk out of that gym you feel like you've become stronger and ready to face even harder things!

I've felt it a thousand times-the feeling that makes you wanna quit;the mind that is telling you to skip a couple reps...but if I have given in to it, I would have cheated on nobody but myself.

It is not just about the sport itself. It is so much more.Sport gives me the opportunity to compete and strive to be the best I can be. Workouts never fail to challenge my skills or test my resolve. It's in the gym where I can lead with confidence and guide with heart. It's the place where I have always felt I could make a difference.And the thing that I have realized but you who judge me haven't is that it makes a difference not only there-in the gym...it makes a differense in everything in my life!..
...sport strips away personality, letting the white bone of character shine through. Sport gives players an opportunity to know and test themselves!

No comments: