About This Blog

.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Just going for it is what matters now...

It's a cold day in December...as usual I woke up at 05:00a.m. had a breakfast and drank coffee. Today I have a swimming competition. I am really happy about the possibility to take part in this event. I' ve been practicing for less than two years and I was sure I wasn't gonna swim today, when a week ago while I was practicing the coach told me I am swimming the 50,100,200m breaststroke... I can't explain the happiness I felt when I understood I was swimming...
Lately I did not get enough sleep, I practice twice a day, go to work, and study in college so I get really tired but don't get the rest needed... yesterday at practice I felt terrible, and felt like I do not have the strenth to swim even 25meters, and this morning since I woke up the only thing on my mind was-" How am I gonna swim the 200m breast today, when I don't have the strength to get up from bed" ...
I headed to the pool listening to one of my favorite songs(Tupelo Honey-Make me believe(it always brings good memories to me) ), than when I got there I saw my teammates-they are all really great and support me so much and always give me courage... they are simply amazing- they are the reason I got back up after the injury put the end of my basketball carreer, they showed me that there is a lot more to life than just basketball so I am really thankful to them...
As the time for the start was coming I got more nervous and felt like my heart was gonna explode... the coach talked to me told me that there isn't anything to worry about and to just go and swim the way I can and be calm... I went to the starting block and in no time the starter whistled and I was on the swimming block ready to jump... and than a little later I got out of the water feeling happy that I had pleasure while swimming... it was such a great feeling...
I made my best time at the 200m breast at the 25m swimming pool...I am not gonna lie I could have swam it a lot faster but I am still happy... it's been two years since I can't play ball anymore and I understood that everybody should get to the stage in life when going for it is a lot more important than winning or loosing... so I am going to swim 100m breast in 4 hours... and I should keep in mind that whatever happens... JUST GOING FOR IT is what matters.. :)

No comments: